A colleague of mine said yesterday, “Play your work, work your plan.”
Do you have a plan? Ever find yourself at a loss for what you should be doing, or spending time working on something that isn’t a priority and end up feeling unaccomplished? Or overwhelmed because those major projects are still there, incomplete, and you don’t feel like you’re making progress?
A plan for both your day-to-day activities AND your long term goals is essential. If you don’t have a plan for your day, how do you know what to focus on? If you don’t have a specific marketing plan, how will you tell if you were successful in your advertising efforts? How will you evaluate them?
At the very least, you can execute a daily plan NOW that will help you streamline your day and increase productivity. We can visit how to create a bigger plan later…that’s a whole post in itself!
On a day-to-day basis, I use a “Daily Productivity Sheet” that helps tremendously. It’s structured a little something like this:
- Priorities – 5 Firsts: The 5 Things that MUST be done today, no matter what
- People –
- People I need to reach out to
- People I’m waiting to hear from
- Projects – Major projects & action items I need to take to move projects forward
- List out projects (my sheet has room for 4) and put action steps below each project that will help you to continue to progress towards completion.
I do this sheet everyday and try to set up the next day’s sheet before I leave the office so I can walk right in with a plan for the day. I would be happy to share this document with you, just email me at email@example.com.
Ready, set….now GO start planning!